PORTLAND BEAD SOCIETY 30TH ANNIVERSARY BEAD COMPETITION
In November 2017, we will hold our yearly Bead Bazaar where we plan to display the contest submissions for members to vote on. The winning Bead will be announced at our November General meeting 11/28/2017.
We would like to have bead artists of all mediums design and enter a bead that will speak for this long standing guild. The winning artist will be the exclusive seller of this bead and will need to commit to making a limited edition (quantity tbd) for each member that places an order within a specified time period.
Some possible inspiration points: 30 years, Portland, Beads, purple & white, NW. As long as the bead has a hole that allows it to be attached, the design can be of any medium (glass, stone, metal, wood, fiber, PMC, clay, polymer, beads, wire, paper, etc).
How to Enter:
- Complete the submission application below.
- There will be a limit of 20 entries for this contest. The first 20 to be submitted will be included as candidates in the Bead Challenge..
- An image (Jpeg) of your entry must be sent along with the entry form to the project manager, Susan Borts (email@example.com), by September 15, 2017
- The actual bead will need to be shipped to Susan Borts by October 16, 2017 to be displayed at the Bead Bazaar Nov 2-3, 2017 where it may be voted on by members of PBS. Non-winning entries will be shipped back to the artists - fully insured - by 12/01/17.
- Entrants will be asked to provide specific written information about their Bead, such as medium, inspiration, size, hole placement, etc. on the entry form. In order to be accepted the completed entry form must be included in the original submission as this information will be published along with the image of the bead in the PBS October newsletter for electronic voting by PBS members.
- The competition is open to artists of any medium including members of a guild in the Oregon/Washington area, such as but not limited to, Glassmakers Guild, Polymer Clay Guild, Woodworker’s Guild, Oregon Potters Guild, Portland Handweavers Guild, etc. All works must be original and designed specifically for sale as the PBS 30th Anniversary Bead only.
- The winner of the competition will receive exclusive sales of the PBS 30thyear commemorative bead and free advertising in the PBS newsletter and website for 1 year. And of course, bragging rights! The image of the winning bead may also be used in PBS marketing materials with acknowledgment of the artist.