the PBS Library
An extensive selection of books and videos are available for check-out by Portland Bead Society Members. Our Portland Bead Society library includes over 800 books and DVD’s. A good portion of the books were generously donated by Lexi Boe, the daughter of Patricia Pujol, who was an avid beader. The library is currently housed in Beaverton in Marilyn Grock’s garage. While direct access is limited to reservation only, each book title and author plus a synopsis are accessible online at Library Thing PBS Library. To access the library you may need the password BeadRead. Books will be available at the next general meeting and can be checked out for one month. Before you can check out or place a hold on a book you will need to be registered for the library. If you want to be on the library list, please send your name, phone number and email address to Marilyn Grock at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at a general meeting. Once your membership is verified you will be added to our library list. Marilyn will bring a selection of books/DVDs to each meeting but will bring specific categories or authors if so requested. Book requests must be received no later than the Sunday before a general meeting to be available at that meeting. If you want to come peruse the library at Marilyn's home, please contact her at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
PBS Library Lending Rules & Regulations
- Members must present their current PBS Membership ID card.
- Maximum # of books, magazines, or videos allowed to be checked out is 5 total, including a maximum of 2 videos/DVDs per checkout.* Due Date = 1 month maximum
- Renewals - Items may be renewed for a maximum of 1 additional month but must be brought back to the library for re-check out.
Overdue Books & Videos
- All items are considered OVERDUE when they are past 1 month from the initial check-out date. Pay overdue fees at library (or send check payable to PBS) and be sure to notify Librarian so you are not held liable.
- Fines will be assessed for overdue items: For every two full weeks, an additional $1 per book and $2 per DVD will be charged.
- A list of overdue and lost titles with member names will be included in the PBS newsletter.
- All items will be considered LOST when they are past 3 months from initial check-out date. The retail cost of replacement will be assessed to the PBS member. If items are no longer available, the current retail value of the item will be owed.